Tuesday, September 1, 2009

If happy little bluebirds fly...

Addie sang that song like I've never heard it before. Her voice was like the drop of sweetness extracted from a honeysuckle flower. I closed by eyes and reveled in the lyrics, while a quiet happiness washed over me.

I don't need a man's arms wrapped around me to feel comforted. I have that. And I'm so glad I could cry. I do, sometimes. This blanket of down feathers warms me and all my fears are erased. There was nothing there to fear in the first place.

If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow,
Why, oh, why can't I?

Way up past the clouds and storm, there are blue skies. I promise. Isn't it amazing? They're always there. Well, I'm not coming down. I don't have to. I refuse to reside in rainstorms. (They're not good for my hair.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers