Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Why haven't they invented telaporters yet?

I feel as if I tend to let friends slip away. I hate that. I don't want them to forget about me, and I want to hear about their lives! Distance is such an annoying obstacle. I read in a book once that you are much more likely to be better friends with your neighbor, than a friend across the country. So because of proximity and happenstance, many friendships form (and fade away). That sucks and is stupid.


I'm ready to go back to school. I shared a bathroom with a floor full of Long Island girls, and my 13 X 15 square foot room with a roommate. And yet, I'd easily trade my current spacious bedroom and clean bathroom to regain the accessibility of my closest friends. Because somehow, I've managed to feel more crowded here, than ever at school.
***
Colors
Cascading waves of yellow
fall on waves of blue
aimless wisps of grey gloom drift
and frame you between the two
I gather bits of hope
purple specks I pluck from sand
and hold them while we walk
and cup them in your hand
wet, red lips you morph into
a defeated, final shape
the pounding heard, is not the shore
and is more than I can take
we leave as one, but each alone
(the grey obstructs the light)
the purple promise at end, is lost
though once was held so tight.

2 comments:

About Me

Followers