Thursday, May 27, 2010

Stream of Consciousness

I know I'm tired, but I have absolutely no desire to sleep. Doing so would end the day, and wedge me farther into the unmapped future. So instead, I rebel against time and peel back my eyelids.

I read over my journal from when I was 13 until 16. After I recovered from my convulsing laughter, I got a tad bit frustrated with myself. I have the same problems now as I did when I was 16. The problem was me. But now, I'll never look back.

My Ukranian step cousin is in town. Sweet little thing she is. Reminds me a LOT of Amelie- the French girl in the movie with the gnomes? She's sporting the same haircut and she's foreign. We all visited The Baltimore Inner Harbor today. She and Inna insisted on starting a conversation with 5 thuggush strangers. Damn their adorable, trusting nature. Olya actually offered a lick of her ice cream, in a completely non-sexual manner of course. Though nothing happened other than really awkward, forced conversation, I did in fact, momentarily fear for our lives.

Dad's iphone flew off the top of our car and was run over by several automobiles. I laughed. He did not. We are both, currently Iphoneless. Oh well.

I was approached by some sort of non-denominational evangelist today in Barnes and Noble. We talked for a while, but I didn't feel the urge to argue unitl midnight. He pleaded that "it was a matter of eternal life." I know sir. Believe me, above all, THIS I know.

Strangely, I dreamt a similar situation only two nights ago.

I conducted an experiment today and found that thoughts really do control bodily reactions. Your temperature can truly reflect your mood.

This Ukrainian cat has somehow crawled her way into my lap and into a perfectly shaped sphere. She finally relinquished her battle for my laptop's keyboard as her nest, and settled for my thighs. She looks like she's always wearing heels, the way her legs are shaped. Always presentable, always poised. In fact, she'd be an expert video-chatter.

Rain, summer rain. Thunder, sing me to sleep. I'll concede to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers