Monday, August 3, 2009

Simple. Enough?

I'm a simple enough person. I like coffee during early mornings. I like summer thunderstorms. I try to do well in school.

I want to be in love. Not anything more or less. I don't have to open up about things to everyone. I don't have to account for strangers' feelings. I will put myself first, for my own protection. And then, because of love, I'll put myself second. But not until then.

Everyday there are mountains to move.

Moods to dismiss and tempers to soothe.

Declaring thought through pent up words

while salvaging poise, through the noise that's heard.

Everyday there are rivers to swim.

To cling to the thing called self worth, on a whim

is a trait among a natural few

dispersed all around and in and through.

Everyday there are lives to save.

But I can't protect all from knaves.

First my own, is fought most for.

Then, love as my sheild, I can fight for more.

I can fight for more, I will fight for yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers