Thursday, August 6, 2009

Walking on broken glass. Literally.

I have several weird things wrong with my body and it's getting really annoying. 1. There is a tiny speck of glass smashed beneath the skin of my foot and it's ridiculously impossible to find it with tweezers but splendidly easy to feel while walking. (It was lodged there roughly two days ago when a glass shattered in my hand, while working at the pub. Who knew polishing silverware would be so dangerous?) 2. I need to exercise. I know I'm not lazy, I'm just too busy working. Yet, I still feel lazy because I could get up at 6 and go running, but to hell with that. 3. My skin. 4. My hair is frizzy and in need of a *good* cut. 5. I need to stop biting my nails.

***

When you break up with someone (at least when I do) you go through half-depression, half-giddy layers of recovery. After crying, lots of ice cream, and self-criticism you reach the "wait a second" phase. You pause in the midst of consuming comfort food and think, wait a second, being single might just be a good thing. Then commences the flurry of flirtatious behavior that momentarily boosts your confidence and reestablishes the fact that you now have new choices, and the freedom to choose from them.

I think I'm past both of those extremes. I'm just about back to being normal. Back to realizing what I truly want, and acting more like the self I'm familiar with.

I'm sick of thinking about relationships. They are such a waste of time. Well, okay that's not true. But what IS true is that so much time is wasted on stupid crap within the relationship. I'm done. For a while at least. Yes. This is a good thought. A break from males. Loving it more every second.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers