Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Medley of Memories

The disparity between
"He will do it," and
"He has done it,"
is time.
Time does not exist.
But action does.
You do not exist.
But he does.
Get out of the way.
And then,
"He has done it."

***
Medley of Memories
Beneath the silent, stellar stars
I gazed up from behind steel bars
Trapped in the cage that I created
Released by the key that you baited
My first kiss, your love was new
Before and since, you've been so true
My eyes have brimmed with blue-green tears
and your countenance erased those woeful years
I've clambered through thick, sticky vines
tangled my arms, cursed, and whined
You chuckled and tugged on just one thread
and the jungle fell beneath us, dead
I throw my arms around your shoulders
Forget all else and become much bolder
Solid trust provides me a song
and you love me back, which makes me strong
Gentle advice you whisper near
Proves you're wise and defeats all fear
My knees are weak, my forehead's sweaty
my stomach flutters, but my eyes are steady.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers