Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Surge

Reasons why this is a kick ass day so far:

1. I just got free starbursts because the vending machines were in the middle of being restocked. The nice restocker man just handed them over to me.
2. I have absolutely nothing to do (as usual) at my internship, though I'm not nearly bored. I made a list of constructive things to do- such as figuring out my current financial aid predicament. And the list is slowly but surely shrinking.
3. I just got paid yesterday. Like, a LOT.
4. Should be getting an IPhone immanently. And get this! It's being paid for with a check from my newest employer.
5. I have a new employer! I'm now the "Teen Editor" of http://www.tellallgram.com/. This position just fell into my lap. My uncle/long time family friend is starting this new business that is kind of like sending anonymous e-cards. My job is to write up little letters that will be used as templates for customers who want to send tellallgrams to businesses, individuals, or whomever. This came right on time, because I was just realizing that I have NO idea what I want to do as a career but that I really do like to write. So now I have a useful outlet for my pent up urge to merge entertaining thoughts with words I like. Plus, I'll learn so much from being a part of a budding business, in terms of how to start my own one day. Best part? I'll be paid $12 an hour. Okay, not the lottery but a damn good amount for someone my age. Oh, and my other job responsibility? To update "Tellallgram Man's" facebook page, through use of my new IPhone. I died.
6. Finally decided that Gavin DeGraw is without a doubt, no questions asked, my favorite musician. I just discovered that he has two new CDs out, that I do not own yet. I know, I'm a sucky fan. But I vow to memorize every lyric, just as I did with his first CD.
7. I decided operation: "Stay Away" has officially commenced. Hell if this girl is emotionally dependant.
8. I (well not really) made an impact on someone this weekend without knowing or meaning to. Just by being myself and participating in conversation I enjoyed, I encouraged someone else. ha. cool.
9. Six text messages just arrived at once. A few of which are from excellent sources. As in, I'm very happy right now. Like, this is awesome.
10. I'm in love with a man who loves me better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers