Saturday, July 18, 2009

Released airway

Breath in.



Ever so often I come to an intersection. I hold my breath, introspectively observing my reaction. I'm looking from a bystander's position, wringing my fingers and only concerned with finding out what my uncontrollable, instinctive reaction will inevitably be. And even less often are the times when I'm able to breath out with giddy excitement. My reaction to this stimuli was impulsive detachment. I admitted to the existence of a previous connection, but candidly accepted its end. Which then brought on happiness and the deepest, most satisfying sigh I've had in a long time. See what happens when you follow your heart?



I did. I stayed in the struggle long enough to qualify the action as justified determination. But somewhere along the way, perserverance morphed into weakness, into a hopeless contraption that sandwiched me between hurt for myself and the hurt of another. Strength, I realized, could now only be demonstrated by a decision that broke both. Temporarily.



Until a wonderous exhale today exhumed my happiness. The beauty is that I don't regret anything. Contrarily, I am astoundingly thankful for every single experience we shared. Though an individual might not remain in my life for a lifetime, their impact effects me as does a pebble tossed in a pond, rippling an otherwise untextured surface.



Breath out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Followers